Master of Fine Arts, University of Minnesota, May, 2010
Creative Writing; Thesis: Under Hexenkopf
Bachelor of Arts, University of Minnesota, December 2002
Faculty Member, University of Phoenix, Minneapolis campus, January, 2011 - Present
· Elements of University Composition and Communication
Graduate Instructor, University of Minnesota, September 2007 – May 2010
· Introduction to Creative Writing
· Introduction to Fiction Writing
· Introduction to Literary Nonfiction Writing
· Introduction to Modern Fiction
Youth Program Instructor, Loft Literary Center, July 2008 – August 2008
· River Rocks and Roots
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
University of Phoenix Faculty Certification Training, 2010
Writer and Editor, May 2009 – Present
· Created meaningful, substantive copy for cafedelapensse.com.
· Edited and revised medical research works.
· Facilitated publication of previously declined manuscripts.
· Edited and critiqued creative works, from line editing to global editing.
Assistant Nonfiction Editor, Dislocate, September 2008 – May 2009
· Solicited work from wide variety of writers.
· Critiqued and evaluated an extensive volume of literary work.
· Expedited selection process.
· Collaborated with other editors to define journal’s creative parameters.
· Coordinated with journal staff and editorial staff design overall look of journal.
Research Assistant, University of Minnesota, January 2008 – December 2009
· Department of English, Office of Graduate Studies
· Synthesized highly abridged course descriptions from large volumes of print materials.
· Developed broadly functional course proposal templates in order facilitate and streamline the course proposal process.
· Reduced time required to complete course proposals. Increased number of courses that are accepted into the University of Minnesota course catalog.
University of Minnesota, Department of English Pedgagogical Orientation, 2007
University of Minnesota Graduate Instructor Training, 2007
University of Minnesota Practicum: Teaching Introduction to Creative Writing, 2007
University of Minnesota Practicum: Teaching English, 2007
Thesis Editor, January 2005 – June 2006
· Facilitated progress of creative manuscripts from first draft to the final defense copy.
· Worked in tandem with authors to identify areas of concern and the steps necessary to remedy them.
· Graduate client’s manuscript was selected as one of the top two theses for that year.
“2003.” The Fourth River. 2006.
“A Storytelling of Crows.” Midway Journal, Vol.5.Issue.3. 2011.
“Categories of Darkness.” Caketrain. Late 2011.
“Doxia.” Caketrain. Late 2011.
“Exclusions.” Hotel Amerika, Special Issue: Aphorisms. Late 2011.
“Good Idea #3: peanut butter.” South Loop Review Volume 12. 2010.
“Smoker.” Dislocate. 2006.
“The Myth of the Prose Poem.” Sentence: A Journal of Prose Poetics, #8. 2011.
“Things to Consider…742.” Midway Journal Vol.5.Issue.3. 2011.
“Trapper.” Ivory Tower. 2007.
“Untitled.” South Loop Review Volume 12. 2010.
“Woof.” Hotel Amerika, Special Issue: Aphorisms. Late 2011.
Fourth Genre Michael Steinberg Essay Prize, Honorable Mention, 2010
University of Minnesota Nominee for Nonfiction, AWP Intro Journal Award 2010
Invited Reader, South Loop Review publication celebration in conjunction with the Columbia College Creative Nonfiction Week, 2010
Recipient, Graduate Research Partnership Program, funding for research materials, 2008
Invited Reader, Dislocate publication celebration, 2006
Poets & Writers, http://www.pw.org/content/priscilla_kinter, January 2011 – Present
Minnesota Artists, May 2010 – Present